On 2013-07-07 13:50, Kurt Roeckx wrote :
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 10:27:07AM +0200, André Pirard wrote:

>>> Good idea indeed, especially if an application were written using OSM.
>> Afterthought:  that application already exists. It's called OpenStreeBugs.
>> (Even the name is appropriate for reporting holes in the streets ;-))
> I think they have a totally different purpose.  OpenStreetBugs and
> Notes are about problems with the map.  Those things need to be
> fixed in openstreetmap.   FixMyStreet are problems that aren't
> related to the map but with the street and other things that
> someone needs to fix in the real world.

I think you're confusing purpose and tool.
Why cannot the same (very similar) application, running on another
server of course (other instance), be used to report ground problems
instead of map problems?
"very similar": a difference would probably be how the report is
cleared: OSM: by anybody, FixMyStreet: by maintenance personnel.

On 2013-07-07 10:37, Jo wrote :
> Openstreetbugs is being replaced by the recent addition of Notes.
What does that mean? (any URL?)

Cheers,

André.