Hi,

I am currently developing & deploying an application similar
to Fix My Street for the Walloon Region. At first, our public are
cyclists, but we are thinking and discussing about other street's users
(disabled people, piéton/voetgangers, ...)

We use the OSM maps... :-)

One of the feature I am thinking to develop is to link a report with
OSM objects (nodes (benches, bus stops), ways (streets, buildings,
etc.)).

This application is open source, I use PHP and the Symfony2
framework, with a PostGIS database.

But I do not think the application
may be useful for mapping...

The site is in beta and is available here
: http://uello.be . We are currently working with 5 municipalities.

Julien Fastré

:

[1]

Brussel itself,
use.

government
useful to

application were written using OSM.

>>> Afterthought: that
application already exists. It's called OpenStreeBugs.
>>> (Even the
name is appropriate for reporting holes in the streets ;-))

think they have a totally different purpose. OpenStreetBugs and
>> Notes
are about problems with the map. Those things need to be
>> fixed in
openstreetmap. FixMyStreet are problems that aren't
>> related to the
map but with the street and other things that
>> someone needs to fix in
the real world.

> I think you're confusing purpose and tool.
> Why
cannot the same (very similar) application, running on another server of
course (other instance), be used to report ground problems instead of
map problems?
> "very similar": a difference would probably be how the
report is cleared: OSM: by anybody, FixMyStreet: by maintenance
personnel.

>> That doesn't mean that that the software for
FixMyStreet can't

10:37, Jo wrote :

> Openstreetbugs is being replaced by the recent
addition of Notes. What does that mean? (any URL?)

> Cheers,

Andr&ea

Links:
------