On 2013-10-06 19:15, Ben Laenen wrote:
On Sunday 06 October 2013 17:48:05 Glenn Plas wrote:
I'm in the process of creating a Belgian settings file for this great
plug-in.  It would be a perfect tool to distil the common knowledge and
tagging habits in our little country.  I've done this in the past
already (but half-assed ) but it's time to finish the work.  See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RoadSigns for more
information
Great, but we still need to actually end the discussion on how to tag
everything first. Or we'll end up with competing plugins...

What plugin ? I know of none that do what this does. I think the tool will help the discussion. I'm just creating our translated/modded version that applies to our road code. It's easy to begin with the basis tags , for instance: access=no , then later when adding subsigns for C3 like "uitzgezonderd bus" , you need to get creative and check the wiki to find out this would have to be added : key="access:bus" value="yes"

I won't be checking in any files until they are ok. It will sure help beginners to map this, I spend hours in the wiki trying to translate that into the settings.

But seriously , "End the discussion on how to tag everything" ? You have too much spare time :)

Glenn