On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 02:36:53PM +0100, marc bessieres wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With Keep Right, there is the following error:
> http://keepright.at/report_map.php?schema=72&error=25113833
>
> The error text is:
> This node is a junction of ways on different layers:
> #38962740<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/38962740>
> (-1),#116844652 <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/116844652>(0)
>
> It is because the way http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/38962740 has
> the tag tunnel=yes

As far as I know tunnel=yes doesn't imply layer=-1, which
keepright seems to be doing.  I think keepright is wrong to assume
that.  But then Key:layer says that for bridges and tunnels that
are at level 0 you should explicitly put the layer.

> When I look at the wiki for the tunnel definition
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tunnel
>
> And the one of covered
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:covered
>
> I presume that tunnel shall be replaced by covered as this way is a
> "galerie" at the same ground level as the 2 streets it connects to.

There is also tunnel=building_passage, which might be more clear
then just yes.  It's also very explicit in saying that it should
have the same layer as the buildings (none/0).

As far as I understand it, covered means that there aren't 2 walls
on each side and so that it's open, which as far as I know isn't
the case.

Kurt