On 2012-11-16 23:33, A.Pirard.Papou wrote :
> On 2012-11-11 12:36, Ben Laenen wrote :

>>> What do you mean? That there should be a single relation called
>>> Belgium or that all ways should be at level 8?
>> I mean that (for example) there's really no problem if two enitities
>> of the same admin_level overlap a certain area (so that area belongs
>> two both entities). E.g. Brussels belonging to both Flemish and
>> French Community. Or if an entity with admin_level=8 doesn't sit
>> nicely inside an entity with admin_level=6. E.g. German speaking
>> community being part of the Liege province. Or French community not
>> spanning the entire Liege province. Ben
>
> So, it's about correct nesting and overlapping...
>
> I think that programs doing checks could finger-point at overlapping
> areas (within a relation) and that they could suddenly start recursing
> to find overlapping subareas without warning. [...]

Regarding my concern to avoid overlaps...
Exactly what I said did not happen (yet?) but if you query Nominatim,
you will get:

City Brussels, Brussels-Capital, French Community, Brussels-Capital
Region, 1000, Belgium
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=4.35168409347534&minlat=50.8465385437012&maxlon=4.3516845703125&maxlat=50.8465423583984>

Nominatim calls Brussels French-speaking because it does not support
overlapping areas.
Do Busselairs live in two "communities" or in one that is bilingual?
(and that "Village Boundary Brussels, ...
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=4.33549880981445&minlat=50.7964057922363&maxlon=4.40201187133789&maxlat=50.8904113769531>"
is funny but that's another story)

> ... Community should be a boundary=administrative + admin_level=5
> Who keeps changing it to a boundary=political on the wiki anyway?
The wiki is as it "should"...
it states that  2 Linguistic Communities (Gemeenschappen / Communautés /
Gemeinschaften)
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Boundaries#Linguistic_Communities_.28Gemeenschappen_.2F_Communaut.C3.A9s_.2F_Gemeinschaften.29>
are
boundary
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:boundary>=administrative
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative>
admin_level <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:admin_level>=5

But the map is not...
I see for example that Flemish Community
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/53136> is now a boundary
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:boundary?uselang=en>=political
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary=political?uselang=en> relation
but that its ways (like 125772618
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/125772618>) are boundary
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:boundary?uselang=en>=administrative
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary=administrative?uselang=en>.

It used to be as it "should" but someone changed it, seemingly undiscussed.
It happened in changeset 14165030
<http://api.openstreetmap.fr/browse/changeset/14165030> on 12/5/12 (w/o date
format!).

And this recalls me a message: