On Sunday 11 November 2012 01:39:57 A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
> On 2012-11-08 16:46, Ben Laenen wrote :
> > On Thursday 08 November 2012 16:34:23 Sander Deryckere wrote:
> >> As administrative boundaries should be nested nicely, I propose to
> >> delete the boundary 2436189, and to use the municipalities of the
> >> Arrondissement of Verviers as subareas. Just as with any other
> >> arrondissement.
> >
> > Boundaries don't need to be nested. In our country it's impossible to
> > do so anyway.
>
> What do you mean?
> That there should be a single relation called Belgium or that all ways
> should be at level 8?

I mean that (for example) there's really no problem if two enitities of the
same admin_level overlap a certain area (so that area belongs two both
entities). E.g. Brussels belonging to both Flemish and French Community.

Or if an entity with admin_level=8 doesn't sit nicely inside an entity with
admin_level=6. E.g. German speaking community being part of the Liege
province. Or French community not spanning the entire Liege province.

Ben