Ok,

This looks to be a bigger problem than I thought.    TAA is doing this
everywhere.  Checking the wiki, this isn't even wrong actually.

I quote: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr

"A way with highway=* and the corresponding name should be found nearby.
The belonging to a street can alternatively be represented by a
associatedStreet relation."

He's actually marking private driveways and private roads with the
addressing schema.

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/54K

Now the question is: Am I going to 'fix' all that?   Is this even useful
to add addres schema information to ways like this ?

It's like he's mapping for a routing algorithm that needs help.

Glenn