On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Marc Ducobu <marc.duc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is nice to have some mapping party but I think that a Belgium
> meeting (not only a mapping party is also interresing). The idea about
> this meeting is to develop the community : meeting each other, talk
> about how to develop the community, invite poeple for other community,
>
> Also it is nice to have some mapping party but we have to be careful
> trying to do 6 mapping party this year is maybe too ambitious. I
> prefer to have 3 good mapping parties in Belgium during 5 years than 6
> during one year and nothing after. I don't want to refrain someone to
> organise mapping party, but we have to have attainable goals and there
> is a lot of work.

+1 Belgium is pretty small, so we might not need 6 parties a year. Let's
first do Brussels, see what works and what not. Adapt and then plan the
next event (after summer perhaps). I also think that events on which people
can just learn about OSM are more needed now that actual mapping parties.
During those meetings we could help novice mappers with problems, but also
talk about how to use OSM, ... Much like meetups but perhaps with a better
possibility to do some mapping.

regards