Hello everyone.

Here is my reflexion about this conversation.

#Todo list

Thanks Ben for the todo list. But we have to detail it like
- what are the problems of the drupal website (blog language ? ).

Also it is good to have a tool that permit to the list to progress,
create new category (one of this category can be the 25 avril event...
).

I can try to help for the website improvement, sometimes for the
french communication,...

#Mapping party

It is nice to have some mapping party but I think that a Belgium
meeting (not only a mapping party is also interresing). The idea about
this meeting is to develop the community : meeting each other, talk
about how to develop the community, invite poeple for other community,

Also it is nice to have some mapping party but we have to be careful
trying to do 6 mapping party this year is maybe too ambitious. I
prefer to have 3 good mapping parties in Belgium during 5 years than 6
during one year and nothing after. I don't want to refrain someone to
organise mapping party, but we have to have attainable goals and there
is a lot of work.

A way to attract beginners in OSM is to contact ASBL / VZW  or local
organisation that can be interesting in OSM. For the 25 april we can
contact the Gracq ( also the local chapter of the Gracq ) and the
fietsersbond (I don't know if there exist local chapter). Another time
we can contact walker group (and explain how to put osm on a gps
device), tourism association, ...).

Marc

On 6 March 2015 at 09:36, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So what I'm saying is: we need more and better source material. It's not
>> difficult for people to help out with gathering / surveying this.
>>
>> Then during a mapping party, we can focus on using these pictures to add
>> details to the map.
>>
>> The mapping party would serve to bring people with specific interests into
>> contact with people who know how to add /integrate them into the OSM data.
>

> That's indeed a very good starting point. This is something that can be done
> during a mapping party.
>
> As a side note, pictures taking from cars do not always have the quality
> that is needed to use for mapping.
> I followed a track of pictures on Mapillary the other day, but the
> destination signs (in which I was interested were barely readable.)
> Typically to far away and the next one was past the sign. The problem to
> read the name of a pub. Lot's of work to get the sharp picture in the right
> spot.
> But after reading the thread on the Dutch forum on Mapillary, I wonder
> whether the company is interested in high-res pictures.
>
> regards

et en avant pour de folles aventures...