Le Mar 24 mars 2015 17:47, Julien Fastré a écrit :

> Ben and I had a meeting with CIRB today.
Great news. Thanks for the note.

Who have you met ? Eric Auquière ? Who was the highest ranked decision
maker ? Who where the technical people ?

> CIRB is thinking about "new projects" for the coming years. They are
> actually brainstorming/thinking/meeting people about what would be
> interesting to develop.

good point

> They are also interested by OSM. They guess OSM can help them to
> achieve their missions, but they are quite unclear about concretely
> what to do.

we can provide ideas and suggestions ;-)

> They also have some admiration for the work done by
> contributors.

good
> At first, they were thinking about "change detection" from OSM to
> URBIS data. They think also about using OSM as background layer for
> outside of the Brussels Regio (some of their clients (public
> institutions in Brussels) are working around Brussels).
+1

> During the meeting, we explained some tools and organization that they
> didn't know (they were quite well documented).

which tools ?

> We stressed the discussion on one aspect: which interest do you have
> into investing in OSM ? Our message: if you have some interest, you
> could invest in differents manners to help improve the tools, the
> data, or building the community...
indeed

> We discussed some ideas like :
>
> - - hosting some data or extracts for OSM on a future data portal. This
> might help to promote our data, and help to improve them (the better
> visibility we have, the better data we will have) ;
+1
> - - the cirb is interested in using OSM for starting cadastre of data
> (like benches, street furnitures) that their customers
> (municipalities, ...) could need. This would be great, because by
> virality our licence will force those customers to redistribute freely
> the improved data if they want to share it to a third person ;
+1
> - - hosting tiles with dedicated styles for Brussels/Belgium. (We
> launched the idea to loan a server from the CIRB data center to the
> OSM community :-))
+1
> - - the routing functionalities has also some interest for them ;

indeed.

We could also imagine for example importing the weekly calendar of road
workds done today by the AED administration and that could be integrated
with OSM and helped improve much the routing of OSM ... and give OSM
routing some advantages with respect to the competition (road work could
be taken into account in the OSM routing and make it more convenient - as
free service - than any other)

> They also asked if osm contributors would be interested in "diff" of
> urbis data : what has changed in their data from date X to date Y.
> This would ease the update operation between urbis and OSM (we also
> suggest to make a diff between their data and what is imported in OSM).
+1

> The CIRB is collecting those ideas, will write some internal documents
> and continue the process internally. We will be kept in touch.

> We also spoke about the mapping party on 25th of April !

great. Could CIRB support this event ? Participate ? Spread the word about
it ?

Much thanks, Ben & Julien

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - nico...@pettiaux.be
Soutenons april.org , framasoft.org et laquadrature.net