On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If validation requires going into the field and cannot be performed the
> armchair way, I'm not very confident it will be done. Unless we have some
> sort of mobile way to do that validation.

Indeed, why adding an additional verification step in another tool
after survey work ?

The mobile verification step is similar to adding a
last_checked/last_surveyed or whatever the latest tag for that is, to
an object. No need to mark a square in the task manager.

The actual work in the verification is not different from "validating"
anything that is mapped now. Who is "validating"  a store that I
mapped 3 years ago ? Is it still there ? Same name ? Same opening
hours ?

The task manager is IMHO only useful when there is a rather large
group of people working in a small area on the same topic at more or
less the same time for some pure armchair mapping. I do not see how it
helps in regular day to day surveyed based mapping. Therefore it lacks
the change-in-time aspect. A tile that is considered correct and
marked as such does not have to be correct at any point in the future.

Maproulette incorporates this time aspect as the source for the tasks
can be updated, even based on OSM-data. Defining a task in the hot
manager is always a manual task.

regards