A bit related the missing ways/paths.

Wegspotter added a path somewhere with name etc. and
trail_visibility=no. It goes straight through a field.
When one is there, there is no path to be seen (trail_visibility
indeed = no), no sign with the name, a ditch that one has to jump to
follow the invisible path.

It is tempting to remove the path, but for now I just disconnected it
from the road, due to the ditch.
What do others think about such a situation? I guess it is somehow
described that there is a path there, but I would not dare to pass the
field there...

regards

p.s. I doubt you you can turn an armchair mapper into a survey mapper
by using a tool. They will probably start thinking how they can
automate the job :-)
But it is worth trying.