Hi,

Our Icelandic friend Johannes put some of us in touch with the people
behind research about how national mapping agencies and VGI (the crowd OSM
belongs to) can strengthen each other. They are looking forward to your
participation.

The 2nd Crowdsourcing and National Mapping Workshop will take place in
Leuven, 3rd and 4th April 2017.
"The use of crowdsourced geographic information and VGI and crowdsourced
spatial data and information by National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies
(NMCA) and the Geomatics Industry is a very current, challenging and
topical subject. Today we see very rich potential for collaboration and
integration of NMCAs, the Geomatics Industry and citizen-based
crowdsourcing (such as OpenStreetMap, Ushahidi, Geonames, Galaxy Zoo,
GeoWiki, Flickr, GeoWiki, etc). We have seen some limited examples of where
collaboration and integration has happened. However, for a myriad of
reasons realising this potential for collaboration is not very easy.

The goal of this workshop is to engage with stakeholders from NMCAs, the
Geomatics Industry, academic research, software developers, citizens
involved in geographic crowdsourcing and VGI, leaders or managers of
crowdsourcing or VGI projects over 1.5 days to develop a set of the most
prominent and pressing questions related to crowdsourcing and national
mapping in Europe (and beyond) today. The outcomes of the workshop will be
synthesised and summarised into a report which will be delivered to EuroSDR
in May 2017 for immediate consideration for future funding of research and
development projects into tackling some of these questions."

Details and registration here.

http://www.cs.nuim.ie/~pmooney/eurosdr2017/

I included Peter Mooney in this message, so you can direct any questions
directly to him.

--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |