On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Yves bxl-forever
<bxl-fore...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Despite Belgian traffic rules use the same word (fietspad - piste cyclable)
> for a reserved track (with D7 or D9 signs) and for markings (two stripped
> lines), in OSM-taal those could be tagged with cycleway=opposite_track and
> cycleway=opposite_lane respectively.  In Brussels, it is fairly common to
> paint logos or inverted V-signs on the street but those have no legally
> binding value a

I "hate" this opposite_xxx tag. IMHO, it is used incorrectly in most cases.

oneway:bicycle=no  + cycleway=track/lane is recommended, see e.g. M1
on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle

opposite_lane should only be used when there is a lane in the opposite
direction of the one_way and there is no lane in the direction of the
oneway. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:cycleway%3Dopposite_lane
Or as indicated in the above M1, when you tag forward/backward
separately. It is not enough to indicate a oneway street with cycle
lanes in both directions.
I have seen it even used when there are no lanes, i.e. the cyclists
have to drive on the main road.

So please do not recommend it's use.

regards

m.