When you search for "blank" on Wikipedia, you will find some
disambiguation pages (a.o https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank_space),
and finally end up on :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_(punctuation)
So space is correct.

m.

p.s. Do we need to ask people not to write in Dutch whenever they
violate the dt-rule ? :-)
p.p.s Do you read the Dutch forum ? I sometimes have to read certain
posts 3 or 4 times to understand the "Dutch" that is used there. So I
do not bother the occasional typo in English.