Lionel, merci!

"landcover=" est du nouveau pour moi, faut que je regarde dedans!

Bien chaleureusement,

On 19/03/2019 20:07, Lionel Giard wrote:
For what i understand, the landuse=grass is mostly a "landcover=grass" tag which was never properly named (and thus it is used like that). The surface=grass alone doesn't mean much in OSM as the surface tag is (i think) only a secondary tag (adding information to other object like highway=* ).

For the original question, it seems indeed to be less accepted to connect the landuse to the highway! And i find that it is so much easier to edit when it is not connected to the highway (or to the landuse on the other side) as it can just be directly moved without splitting first. If you want to map the area of an highway there is the proposal of tag "area:highway=*" that can be used but is not rendered at the moment (see here : https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_area). But it could in the future if the usage become more prevalent.