Hi all,I now have the framework complete, that i just need to fix and change
all the OSM tags. ... based on what the wiki charts say.
http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/canvec2osm0_04.zip

One cool map feature is the natural features names tag. .. another is the
language tag :)

The program does now take a few minutes to convert all the shape files.
 Fortunately, the process will be faster, once i "rem" out those features in
geobase (the filename says if its in geobase already.
(it loads on the D drive, but i think i need to change that to the C:
drive.)

I think it would it make sense to create a separate routeen for the
geobase-extra & canvec-only stuff.

Before that happens, on every spot on the wiki chart that has 'in geobase,
do not use', we need to verify where in GeoBase that information can be
found.

I will be continuously updating the rules.txt file, going through the
charts, but for now, it's listed as key:"k=v".

Look forward to hearing for suggested improvements. :-)

Are there too many tags?

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails