Thanks Sam: some thoughts below...

>>>The Dempster Highway portion that physically has the 'TCT logo' needs to
have a relation route.
Eeerm, OK, didn't really clock many of those logos, and especially not where
they started and ended!

>>>However, it CAN be tagged as a 'rcn bicycle route' because in that
province it is a 'regional cycle route'.

>>>If it is not provincially designated 'state=proposed' works just fine.
>>>And even route=ncn state=proposed would also work.
I'll have to look into that to see what it is designated as.

>>>On a national scale, the TCT is not a 'National Cycle Trail' but a 'mixed
use greenway with different designated uses'
>>>(that in turn, makes me pull my hair out)
Gotta love Canada!

>>>Also, the entire highway should be tagged with a relation route, for its
highway designation.
Not sure I understand this - so just setting "highway=primary" and
"name=Demspter Highway" isn't enough? (I'm fairly new at this, so go
easy...!)

>>>The actual name of the road should not say 'Trans Canada Trail'.
Luckily, it says Dempster Highway!

>>>When your done marking where where the physical road is, please let me
know, then we can figure out what the best answer is. :)
Well, I'm done marking the physical route, so this can progress. During the
trip I kept a timed log of 'select' (i.e. when I remembered or had access to
the laptop) POI's, including some laybys, campgrounds etc. I'll be adding
those later once I find a good way of matching those up with the GPX track.

>>>Overall, my aim is to get the entire network that is bicycle=yes as well
as foot=yes for the entire country, so at a minimum, the actual
>>>road/track/path/footway/cycleway is actually mapped first.
>>>Then we can muck about with relations & labels at a later date.

>>>So ya, maybe the better answer is to say 'yup, sure You are local expert,
since i have never been there, its not my place to say how it should be
>>>tagged'.
I definitely saw cyclists on there, at all points of the journey. I saw no
walkers, but you could walk it if you wanted!

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog:  http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans
OpenStreetMap IRC: http://irc.openstreetmap.org @Acrosscanadatrails