Hi all,
We are getting more progress on Vancouver Island, thanks to (haitelk)
who has just added in more wooded area. And the new CVRD data is in
the planning, discussing & sorting data phase. :-)

What we still need todo is make a tool that will automatically slice
the NTS tiles (canvec .osm files) into 25 pieces, so then a local area
mapper can easly take 1 square at a time & work with it, choosing the
data that they need to add in.

I think that OSmosis has this ability, has anyone varified this?
This will be of great help to everyone, as we are also using the
Toporama WMS layer to be tracing & using it for reference.

Otherwise, if we dont have the 1/25th tile area, its harder to ensure
that no 'bulk_implopping' happens where the user gets lazy and doesnt
bother to check the area 1st.

Since the 1/25th tile size is a standard JOSM working space, we would
(just about all of the time), have only 1 mapper is working at a time.
(even in the big cities, this size is managable).

Oh, this whole CanVec dataset would be great to host on a different
API, (like i talked about on my last message for OpenImportsMap does
anyone know if perhaps the devAPI would be a good place for it? Or
should we make a new one that is dedicated to wholesale imports?

Thanks,
Sam
--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada