hi,
would you be able to share the python script?
I dont think it would be that hard to do, afterall, Dale (Ibycus) was
able to convert the data from shp files).

So i think it's a matter of just setting the script to convert and add
tags which would line up with mkgmap.

osm's equivelent would be 'contour=minor' contour=major' etc. I have
the whole list if anyone wants it.

i can add it to do list :)
although i dont know pythons innerds, i do know how to run the script
on the command line :)

cheers,
sam

On 9/29/10, Bégin, Daniel <daniel.be...@rncan-nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I understand your need and I did some tests. On average, adding contours
> means twice the amount of disk space/processing time, generates up to 10
> times more .osm files.
>
> I'll keep the process as it is now.
>
> Daniel

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-ca Canadian OSM channel (an open chat room)
@Acrosscanadatrails