On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com> wrote:
> I've done a test import of about 1k nodes for a few blocks, which can be
> seen around
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.180812&lon=-122.900047&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> A few things I've noticed.
> - Some houses are missing. These could be imported manually from the
> "proposed" addresses
> - The positioning is superb
> - Surrey house numbers are long, and don't look great when they run together
> on z17 with mapnik
>
> At this point, I'd welcome any further feedback. As it happens, this area
> was the toughest to get right because of all the "named" streets while most
> of Surrey uses numbers

As I said on IRC, I think this looks great from a quick look, Paul.

Surrey is to be commended for their forward-thinking selection of PDDL
for their data.  it allows their data to be used with OSM, which
appeals to the selfish OSM advocate inside me, but also means that the
Surrey data can be included in essentially ANY data project.  That can
only be good for the citizens of Surrey.

Beyond that, the address data appears to line up nicely with the Bing
imagery.  That is reassuring in two ways.  ;-)

I wonder if we have any mappers on the ground in Surrey?  I'll see if
I can interest anybody I know in the area.

Best regards,
Richard