On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Samuel Longiaru wrote:

Greetings Everyone,

My immediate problem is that I am not familiar enough with the tools or the
process for even
checking out the quality of the Canvec data in this area.  I suspect it is
better than what is
here now.  So either if someone were willing to import a block from an area
nearby, or be
willing to act as a mentor and guide me off list through the process, then
perhaps I could
proceed a bit more effectively.  I've tried to research the process myself, but
hate to screw
something up if you know what I mean.

I wrote up a post a while back describing how I was doing Canvec importing with JOSM. http://scanningpages.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/openstreetmap-canvec-importing Might be a good starting point. Feel free to ask if something I describe there is unclear.

Thanks for any input and/or assistance.

And sorry... yes, another Sam on the list.

Sam Longiaru
Kamloops, BC