On 19-12-2011 18:57, Andrew Allison wrote:
Hello:
        Unless I'm missing something or it's a bug Using the OSM Inspector
tool. The coastline data as going to be removed, or at least a
significant amount.

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-81.24969&lat=42.97091&zoom=13&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created

        There is a lot of data being flagged by users who haven't been around
in years. Sigh

        Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure, but "r_coastlines" only shows up as a value for the "created_by" tag, which is a deprecated tag for programs / scripts to edit/import data in OSM. The PGS coastline data import doesn't seem to be assigned to a user. So, I would say that this data will remain in OSM, although I don't know for sure if this is true. The data itself comes from the US NGA, so it is Public Domain. See [1] for details.

The link you're showing, isn't showing coastlines, but data from London, ON, which has been contributed by RogueGPSer. He has (indeed) not decided about relicensing. [2]

Regards,

Frank

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/PGS
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/RogueGPSer