I'd be interested in a local Lower Mainland/Vancouver meet.

On 4/13/2012 11:53 AM, Richard Weait wrote:
Dear all,

I expect that OSM will be getting some press coverage in the Canadian
media in the near future.  This is a wonderful opportunity to launch
your long-anticipated local OSM group.

I would love to see future awesome Canadian local OSM groups get
launched TODAY.

Pick a place convenient for you, and not-horrible for others.  I use
coffee shops and pubs, depending.
Pick a time convenient for you and not-horrible for others. I use
"after work on a weekday".
Announce it.  Announce it here and in places where locals who aren't
already OSMers might find out about it.  I use meetup.com, you might
use upcoming, or patch or anything else.

There is a chance that the upcoming press will lead to new mappers who
will be really grateful to have a local help them with their first
edits.  And you'll get to meet other local mappers who have been
waiting for "somebody else" to start a local group.  Be somebody else.
:-)

Please consider doing this.  There is no good reason for Toronto to
have all of the fun. :-)  There are awesome OSM folks in Ottawa and
Montréal, Québec and Sherbrooke and BC and Alberta and the far North.
Come on.  Meet and talk.

believed to be clean.