Thanks for your suggestions for tools to do the work.

I reviewed the region N 45.40-.44, W 75.86-92 last night. There were a lot of areas on the west edge of Aylmer, PQ, where the validator complained because land use area boundaries had been partly made up with roads or with sides of adjacent land use areas. I got quite good at snipping away existing connections and creating new ones that made everything disjoint. I do question the objection to land use adjacencies. In the previous block I worked on, I left in place an adjacency between landuse=water and landuse=wetlands, because it made sense to do so.

The Aylmer region is missing a number of roads shown on CanVec, and has a lot of unnamed roads. One area done on the basis of Bing is misaligned by up to 15 meters with the CanVec image. Rotation as well as translation is involved. I'll probably take a drive to that area and sort things out, but it really seems like some importing from CanVec is needed. That is especially so for the administrative boundary of Aylmer, which is marked with a note saying it is very approximate. Besides, I'm trying to remember if Aylmer got incorporated into the new city of Gatineau.

Lots to do.

Tom Taylor