Much has already been said. A good tool to collect housenumbers on an
Android phone is keypadmapper:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/KeypadMapper

I've mostly mapped interpolation lines in my Montreal neighborhood.
The problem here is that each apartment has an individual housenumber,
meaning that if you have, for example, a triplex you can easily end up
with 8 different numbers for just one building, making individual
nodes a huge pain.

One note about the linked example: If you've mapped all individual
houses on a block, I'd delete the interpolation line or add the
addr:inclusion tag to provide other mappers with accuracy information:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses#Using_Address_Interpolation_for_partial_surveys

 Harald.

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Connors, Bernie (SNB)
<bernie.conn...@snb.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>                 With respect to Nominatim and OSM routing applications is
> there are better way to add address data to OSM?  I have started adding some
> address data in my neighborhood but I am wondering if tagging buildings with
> an address is better or worse than digitizing address interpolation lines?
>

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.90249493718147&lon=-66.69308423995972&zoom=18
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bernie.
>
> --
>
> Bernie Connors, P.Eng
>
> Manager – Spatial Data Infrastructure
>
> Land Information Infrastructure Unit, SNB
>
> Tel: 506-444-2077 Fax: 506-453-3898
>
> 45°56'25.21"N, 66°38'53.65"W
>
> bernie.conn...@snb.ca
>
> www.snb.ca/geonb

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565