2013/6/20 Guillaume Pratte <guilla...@guillaumepratte.net>

> Bonjour Fabian,
>
> Mes plus sincères félicitations pour ta nomination à titre de président du
> FACIL!
>
> Au sujet d'OSMTL, je me dois ici d'être direct : le groupe sera *souverain
> * dans ses communications et n'aura pas à répondre ni à cette liste ni à
> quelconque entité externe.

I think that position of sovereignty is appropriate.  The Toronto
OpenStreetMap Enthusiasts Meetup is similar.  We speak for ourselves only.
We consider ourselves to be a resource for those wishing to learn more
about OpenStreetMap.

We don't even have formal members, votes, budget or rules.  What we have in
"leadership" is a small group with the permissions to schedule events and
delete spam, and the obligation to pay the meetup.com fees.  :-)  It seems
to be working well-enough that we continue with it.

Among those who attend, we have a variety of levels of engagement in
OpenStreetMap. And a variety of engagement in OSMF.  Some are regular
mappers.  Some are newcomers.  Curious outsiders attend with questions.