Daniel,
if you look at the motorway_link page in the wiki (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Motorway_link) you'll see that by
default it implies oneway=yes. That would explain the behavior you
described.

"Most motorway_link roads will be one way, and should be tagged
oneway<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway>
=yes <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway%3Dyes>. Any unusual
motorway link road which is two-way should be explicitly tagged
oneway<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway>
=no <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway%3Dno>. Note that this is
different to the way we treat other highway classifications, because
motorway link roads are so often one way. Explicit tagging (either way) can
be important, since *some* tools interpret motorway link roads as
implicitly oneway=yes unless tagged oneway=no."

I wonder if there would be a way to filter all those links that are
reversed with the Overpass API?

 Harald.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Daniel Begin <jfd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>

> I’ve just found out that I have routing troubles with OSM data in a Garmin
> GPS when motorway_link are not tagged oneway=yes/no. Here is an example
> where some segments of motorway_link can be driven both ways (2 lanes, one
> each side)
>

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/46.0194/-72.3512
>

> Everything works fine when tags are…
>
> highway=motorway_link
>
> oneway=no, or
>
> oneway=yes
>

> But it doesn’t work if there is no oneway tag. Actually, the way must have
> been digitized in the direction I want ot go – as if it assumes that no
> oneway tag means oneway=yes.  In the provided example, my GPS will find a
> way out of the motorway but it will not find a way in! -  must be looked at
> in an editor.
>

> It could have been my usual OSM/Garmin provider (
> http://www.osmmaps.com/maps/canada ) but when I saw the same behavior in
> JOSM I wonder if there is a rule I’m not aware of? Should I change my
> OSM/Garmin provider or tell him there is a problem with his conversion
> program?
>

> Comments or answers?
>

> Daniel

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565