On 2015-05-11 06:45 AM, Richard Weait wrote:
> OpenStreetMap presentation by Stewart Russell
> Tuesday 12 May 2015
> http://gtalug.org/meeting/2015-05/
>
> - Formal presentation including Question and Answer.

Eep! Formal, is it? I don't think that anyone's ever called anything
I've ever done ‘formal’. What I'm going to talk about is more on the
licen_c_e, open data and community side:

    OpenStreetMap is more than just a web mapping platform. It's a
    comprehensive, community-maintained map/geodatabase of the world
    that you can hack on. Since the last GTALUG talk on OSM over five
    years ago, it's grown a lot, and developed a huge community of
    mappers, developers and data users. In this talk, we'll discuss the
    basics of using OSM, how it survived a major licence change with
    only a little drama, and how it succeeds as a community.

… and it's pretty much going to be like that. Or it will be, when I
finish writing it. I'll be stopping for dinner at Mappy Hour tonight,
but heading out early to ensure people have something to think about
tomorrow. (Something other than ‘/that guy who tried to end a GTALUG
talk with a half-hour kazoo solo/’, at any rate.)

 Stewart