From: Paul Norman [mailto:penor...@mac.com]
Sent: July-06-15 20:33
To: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Talk-ca] Low quality unresolvable notes

I've been catching up on local notes, and have come across a few I'm not sure
how to resolve. There are a number which are equivalent to "There is a <some
name of shop> somewhere in this block." While probably correct, they're not
very useful.

The notes aren't bug reports, the original intent of notes/OpenStreetBugs.
They're not precise enough to resolve, so basically all the information they
contain is that there are shops here which could be added if a site survey was
done. A site survey would be nice, but there's plenty of areas where that is so
- if someone opened up notes everywhere they were needed in the area, they'd
make other notes less valuable and probably end up closed.

I'm leaning towards closing them as not reporting a bug nor providing specific
enough information to add something to the map, but wanted to get the thoughts
of others.

I might also bring this up at our next local meetup, see what other locals
think.