On Jan 12, 2016 2:39 PM, "Mojgan Jadidi" <mojgan.jad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks  Stewart for initiating this discussion, I am one of the folks
working on OSM data at Metrolinx. We are currently working on OSM data of
our service area to improve the address range information for route planing
purpose.  Our concern is improving address searching issues for the service
based system using OSM as basemap. Our area of interest is Greater Toronto
Area and Hamilton, mostly in new subdivision areas. Our conflation methods
is based on an in-house algorithm of buffering left and right sides of the
street segments to detect the missing parts, following with an extensive
visual inspection (walking though all new data on OSM base map).

> We are going to publish our wikipage soon in OSM webpage and give more
details.  Metrolinx is an young agency with spirit of young professionals
for open data and open source software. Hopefully we will have
constructive feedback from the communities!

Most of the address data in Toronto is from CanVec and I imported it a few
years ago. You might want to look at open data from cities like Toronto and
York Region which have more detailed address point data. I started
importing Toront address data a few years ago but never finished because
merging old data with new data is difficult.