      De : john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com>
 À : Talk-CA OpenStreetMap <talk-ca@openstreetmap.org>
 Envoyé le : mardi 18 octobre 2016 7h52
 Objet : Re: [Talk-ca] The Statistics Canada Project

When I looked through the existing buildings I came across a tag that was ele
often with a value of 2 or 3.  I suspect this is the number of stories and the
same as building:levels which is in wiki/Map_Features.  Could any one confirm
this as it is one of the attributes that Stats Canada is looking for.

If it is would there be any great objection to me changing the tag to
building:levels as recommended by the wiki/Map_Features?  The alternative would
be to have both tags on the building.

The other thought was although Stats Canada is promoting a customised version
of iD reality is it a lot easier to carry a smartphone or small tablet and
enter tags in the field.  There are a number of editors that run under Android
etc but unfortunately although its easy to add tags to a node adding them to a
building outline is more difficult.

Currently for buildings such as strip malls we have the idea of a building
outline with nodes for each store.  Often the address is on the building
outline but other details such as coffee shop etc are on the nodes.  I'm
wondering if having a node within the building that could be edited by such
things as OSMand etc might be a reasonable compromise.  It would avoid
transcription errors, first writing down the information then returning home
and entering it in iD.

We can build a list of buildings that are missing some tags that Stats Canada
are interested in but how does one draw them to attention to the mappers with
their missing tags?  A customised version of walking papers perhaps?

Any thoughts on any of the above would be welcome.

Thanks John