Stewart,

The process was a success for me, the only issue was the data was bad...
I've been involved in importing some of the GNS data and it was a great set
up Pierre and other OSM members set up.

Bad data goes in, bad data comes out.

Thankfully we have good data provided by the City of Ottawa that was
created by GIS professionals.