http://ftp.geogratis.gc.ca/pub/nrcan_rncan/vector/canvec/shp/ManMade/
50K man made just seems to be nodes of where buildings are located, instead
of outlines.

Judging by :
http://atlas.gc.ca/toporama/en/index.html
They have a few buildings in CanVEC, but not all of them. Seems like
massive buildings like schools and malls, residential buildings are out.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Stewart C. Russell <scr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2016-10-21 11:41 PM, James wrote:
> > Sounds like it, but the data handed to us didnt have sidewalks and
> > roads, driveways etc. Ottawa may have exported data from this file
>
> Yes, for sure.
>
> I've now had more of a chance to look at the data (thanks, Ottawa, for
> providing no docs at all ...). I'm pretty sure that the data at
> http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset/cad-topographic-data is the source of what
> the Ottawa group were given.
>
> In the 31 gigabytes of converted files, about 8-10 of the 177 total
> layers might be of interest. But:
>
> * The files are in some kind of MTM projection, but I don't know the
> datum. Some munis still love their NAD27, so getting this right is crucial.
>
> * These were digitized 2010-2011 at the latest. Since municipalities
> share data with NRCan, aren't these outlines already available in a
> recent iteration of CanVec in a much more useful (i.e., anything but
> DWG) format?
>
> My notes on the files, so far:
> https://gist.github.com/scruss/e7f85da2e7943cb1a1d13772fbe144
> d3#file-ottawabfomapdata-md
>
> (feel free to use/modify/etc)
>
> If anyone wants 31 GB of converted DXFs, let me know. It took Teigha
> several hours on a quad core with SSDs to convert this, so I'm not going
> to delete it lightly.
>
> cheers,
>  Stewart

外に遊びに行こう!