I think we can politely re-factor out much stuff.  :-)   Now that we seem to have more folks looking into things, I am a bit more motivated to spend time on it.

Tech writer type folks would be great to have.

Matthew Darwin
matt...@mdarwin.ca
http://www.mdarwin.ca

On 2018-01-28 09:21 PM, john whelan wrote:
I've added an introduction which sums it up.

If I'm polite about it there is material in the wiki which suggest bringing building footprints using automated tools such as image scanners and imports are the way forward.  Scanning hasn't been accepted by OSM and imports have their own set of issuse.  If I'm not polite about it there is much that needs to be stripped out.

The text could do with being rewritten.  It appears to me to be long winded and aspires to many things but seems short on practicalities.

Do we have any technical writers who could look it over?