Matthew,
Just one concern - Removing of addr:city. I encourage people to include
addr:city since it's part of their mailing address and could easily be
outside of the city limits. While addr:city isn't needed inside of city
boundaries since it can be obtained from their spatial location, does make
it much easier to full addresses from OSM. I would recommend not removing
addr:city.

My perspective is from the states where I'm familiar with how the US Postal
service operates. If this isn't true in Canada - please ignore.

Clifford

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch