Hello all,

I'm not sure if this applies to other provinces or not, so I thought I would ask here.

In Ontario there is a concept of "Business Improvement Area" ("BIA" for short) that has the power to tax businesses within their zone  (see http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page1529.aspx for details).

I want to tag these in OSM, so then you can run a query to find all businesses within a BIA. Sometimes the boundaries of the BIA are very tight and just cover things that are actual businesses, and sometimes the boundaries of a BIA are very loose and cover lots of area including residential... and when a new business comes up later in that area it automatically is a part of the BIA.

I am thinking that the *relation type=boundary, boundary=local_authority *might be applicable here, and define either a Canada specific definition maybe just Ontario, depending if the concept exists elsewhere.

I would like to get people's opinion on this idea....  Or please suggest something else.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aboundary%3Dlocal_authority

 * type <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:type>=boundary
   <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:type%3Dboundary>
 * boundary