Along the lines of what Jarek said, sometimes silence just means tacit
acceptance, or that it's not that controversial. There's quite a bit of
government data here that is supposedly "open" but unavailable for OSM, so
I'm very glad Stats Can was able to find a way to collect municipal data
and publish it under one national license. I was surprised myself it hadn't
got more attention, but I'm firmly onboard with more imports if done with
care.
Manually adding buildings - especially residential neighborhoods, is about
the most boring task I can think of, yet it does add a lot to the map.

I'll admit I hadn't looked at the data quality myself, but I just did
review several task squares around BC and they look pretty good. Houses
were all in the right place, accurate, and generally as much or even more
detailed than I typically see. Issues seemed to be mostly the larger
commercial buildings being overly large or missing detail, but in general
these are the buildings most likely to be already mapped. To a large
degree, it's up the individual importer to do some quality control, review
against existing object, satellite, etc. If we have specific issues we can
and should address them, but if the data is largely good then I see no need
to abort or revert.

alarobric