My background is I'm a retired civil servant who has written and overseen
procurement documents and fairly large procurements.  Dotting the is and
crossing the Ts are my speciality.

There are two parts to an import.  The first part is the part played by the
import mailing group.  They confine themselves to is the license correct
and do you have a reasonable plan.  In this case the license is one of the
few that has been confirmed by the Legal Working Group of OpenStreetMap and
as such no questions were raised about it on the import mailing list.  We
have methodology that has been used before successfully with the Ottawa
building outline import. There were major discussions both on talk-ca and
the import mailing group before that import took place and we took note of
the issues raised and addressed them.  The licensing issue goes back about
eight years to when I was talking to Federal Government Treasury Board and
explaining their Open Data license did not align with OSM.  That is why
their license is now known as 2.0.

The second part is the local group makes the decision to import they are
the authority no one else.

Apparently you were not part of the talk-ca when the discussions took place
which would have been the time and place to raise concerns.

When the Ottawa import was done there were one or two places where the
existing buildings and the import overlapped.  In the instructions on the
import there are instructions to cover this. Specifically there is a
validation step.  I seem to recall the error rate was of the order of 1%
and I expect this latest batch to be roughly the same.

If you can identify which municipalities data is of poor quality then I'm
sure we can remove these.  For the most part these are from the foundation
plans recorded by the municipality using professional surveying techniques.

Would you like to clarify exactly where I failed to dot the Is and cross
the Ts please.

Many Thanks

John