It seems that talk-ca works this way - long periods of silence, then a burst of
emails because something went wrong! I just realized that this massive import
of buildings started a few weeks ago and I'm surprised.

I was trying to stay informed about the project because I was worried about how
the import would deal with the thousands of buildings I have modified (or
deleted) over the years.

I then tend to agree with Steve, Andrew and Nate. Something happened too fast
or went wrong. There is so much to discuss about how to proceed, how to deal
with existing buildings, how to deal with buildings that do not seem to exist
on images, etc. I would have liked to participate in the discussion. All of
this may have been dealt with the import project of Ottawa, however, as this
particular project did not interest me, I did not follow the discussions. I was
expecting the new import project to be documented and discussed by itself, even
if it eventually ends-up as a copy paste of Ottawa import's procedures.

Communication and clear statements are required to make such large import a
success and a buy-in of all the community. I think this is why following the
import guideline is important.

Daniel