I largely agree with Yaro, but will say
1) It is possible to square almost square angles with JOSM - it has an
informational warning in validation, and automatically squares the angle by
slightly moving the offending node.  This fix doesn't ruin the geometry of
the building, as pressing Q so often does.  Unfortunately, it also leads to
other angles in the building not being square.
3) I'm fine with importing smaller buildings as well (they don't seem to be
in the source data in Toronto, they are for some of the other data sets).
I believe they were excluded because of their relatively low
importance/permanence.

I would also like to know how the Toronto building footprints were
produced.  Does anyone know?
DannyMcD