So, the Microsoft data set might work for areas with single homes and that would be helpful to fill in the blanks in remote areas, but for areas where we have data from the ODB, importing from the ODB might be better. However, caution has to be taken with ODB as well, as every municipality that contributed data might have contributed a different data source, where the quality should be check each time.

Just my two cents here.

Tim

On 2019-03-02 17:40, john whelan wrote:

Why are you planning to import it?

Cheerio John

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:26 PM OSM Volunteer stevea, <stevea...@softworkers.com <mailto:stevea...@softworkers.com>> wrote:

   A responsible complement to this would be a link to license
   information, a wiki page about these data, and perhaps an Import
   Plan should those data actually be asserted to be worthy of being
   responsibly imported into OSM.

   SteveA
   California

   <mailto:jwhelan0...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > https://github.com/Microsoft/CanadianBuildingFootprints
    >
    > So now there are two Open Data sources for building outlines in
   Canada.

    > Cheerio John

M$ released data as ODbL sooooo pretty sure license is compatible