There are some areas of reasonable quality where buildings are missing.
These I think can be imported on the technical side without too much
difficulty and those were the ones I cherry picked as low hanging fruit
that should not be contentious.

Having said that I have seen the view expressed it is better to have poor
quality data created by local mappers in OSM than high quality data by
expert mappers so it may well be contentious .

In Ottawa buildings were not imported to overwrite existing buildings.
Basically the missing ones were imported by experienced mappers.  That is
just process and I think we have the process fairly well documented and
defined.

There are three sources of building data with the right license in Canada.
Bing is one and that almost certainly covers Newfoundland so Newfoundland
is involved to some extent.

For data that is deemed in need of cleanup or squaring again we can come up
with a process to do that and we have experienced mappers who can follow
the agreed process.

I suggest we hold back for a few days before getting into a heavy
discussion.

Cheerio John