Bonjour groupe :-)
Since no one volunteered to be the local import manager for Squamish, I
identified myself as such [1]. I have already contacted 22 local contributors I
identified with Tim's Overpass queries. I have modified the query to find users
who have contributed buildings in the past 5 years. It is a GO for the two
people who have answered me so far.
I'll wait others' answer for the next two weeks and once the task will be set
up (James is on it), I will start importing. I expect most of experienced JOSM
users to also have a try in order to refine the import procedure.

Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada_-_The_Open_Database_of_Buildings#British_Columbia