+1

From: Nate Wessel [mailto:bike...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 14:08
To: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Toronto building import

Thanks for the offer Daniel! However I've already processed the data through my
own, similar workflow. I did a building import a couple years ago so I had
everything set up on my computer already anyway.

I originally tried dividing the tasks into rectangles so that they would better
match a bounding-box download in JOSM. I didn't like the results so much
though; if I kept the tasks around the same size (in terms of buildings), the
size and shape of the tasks varied a bit too much for my comfort, with some
tasks getting very large ( as in http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/168 ).

I found that irregular task shapes didn't cause any trouble for the last import
I worked on, though they did make validation a bit harder. For better or worse
though, I've observed that not much task-level validation actually happens in
projects like this, if all goes well and the data was good in the first place.

Best,

Nate Wessel, PhD
Planner, Cartographer, Transport Nerd
NateWessel.com<https://www.natewessel.com>