Nate Wessel, PhD
Planner, Cartographer, Transport Nerd
NateWessel.com <https://www.natewessel.com>

On 2020-04-23 3:38 p.m., Daniel @jfd553 wrote:

Hi all,

I just completed the task #173 (Squamish - Building Import) benchmark. The import procedure seems OK. So I think anyone interested in completing the import for other areas is welcome, as long as the procedure is respected.

Regarding the Squamish area, the presence of numerous GPS tracks really made a difference. ODB buildings were (too) often badly positioned and not to scale, something I could not have seen or confirmed without these tracks. I then encourage everyone to upload their GPS tracks in OSM! The Import Status for Squamish has been updated to “Completed” [1].

Regarding task #175 - Toronto Building Import, I understand that Nate Wessel is going to the complete the job alone? I updated the Import Status for Toronto but Nates’ import account is not identified yet [2].

A lot of tasks are still waiting for us so good mapping!

Daniel

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada_-_The_Open_Database_of_Buildings#British_Columbia

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada_-_The_Open_Database_of_Buildings#Ontario