On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Christian Koerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The conflict management could be simple, a new API call 'lock' could be
> introduced to lock and unlock ways for editing (online editors only?).

I agree, that this would be solution, but good locking is really hard
to implement. And if you deal with an request-based architecture like
the web it's even harder.
Atomic locking (= for every street/point) also increases DB load (this
can by avoided by holding locks in memory).
Maybe an area lock ("User XX locked a rectangle from lat,lng to
lat,lng") would be better. If the user pans out of this area, the
frontend would asked "Save changes" and releases the lock.

Best
Martin