On 2 Jul 2009, at 14:02, Tobias Wendorff wrote:

> M.Gehling schrieb:
>> und das ist auch richtig so. ( Er hat es für die osmf registriert ? )
>
> _Er_ hat es registriert - das ist genau der Punkt:
> http://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-find-number?trademark=2500155
>
> Es läuft auf ihn als natürliche Person und nicht auf die OSMF.
> Mir ist kein Europäisches Land bekannt, in dem eine juristische
> Person keine Marke anmelden kann.
>
> Wieso hat also die OSMF das Logo nicht angemeldet?

I've signed something like 3 pieces of paper to do it, and now I have
to sign even more to make it official. I'm seriously thinking of
signing this next one in front of 200 people at SOTM so I have
witnesses!

But, and this is the central point, the useful trademarks for
'openstreetmap' fell through because they're too descriptive. They're
not even valid.

Best

Steve