For me nodes, ways and areas sound reasonable for slipways.
A slipway is similar to a street => in osm a way.
It may be a very small feature and somebody may only know the estimated location => in osm a node It may be of very different width up to a wide area like => in osm a polygon/closed way.

Small slipways often are some kind of street extending to the water, so a way should fit perfectly.

regards
Peter