Changeset annulé par celui-ci

Message envoyé par la suite

Good morning,
(I use English in this message, as it is the language used in your
changesets descriptions)

I have applied a revert on the following changeset

It has been discussed this morning on the French mailing list,
It has been considered as a necessary action, based on the following
elements :

_ Automatic imports are not forbidden.
BUT it is good and normal practice to prepare it thoroughly, and especially
communicate as much as possible via mailing list(s) and the wiki.
Purpose is to make sure that the type of data and the way it is imported is
not harmfull to the existing elements

_ Source of the data used for your import is not mentionned.
It is a very important information, which might allow the community to
assess the precision of the data.
Do you know how the location of the stations has been defined ? For
example, if the location comes from proprietary data or from data under
copyright (i.e. Gmaps), then it would be seen as a violation of copyright
that may have impact on the whole OSM data.

_ Many Velib stations are already present in OSM database.
Are you confident that your data is more valuable ?
For example description of each station is given in "all capitals" type.
This is not common practice as it is not convenient for reading.

If you consider that the data you have in hands has some added value,
please come and talk about it on the French mailing-list, where we may
discuss of the best way to integrate this additional data in a more
constructive way

Kind regards

Le 31 octobre 2011 10:00, Pieren <pier...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> +1 évidemment. Sans compter le faible niveau de préparation, on ne
> connait rien des données sources et celles qu'on avait trouvé par le
> passé n'étaient pas libres...
>
> Pieren

ab_fab <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ab_fab>
"Il n'y a pas de pas perdus"